We stayed at a hotel the next 2 nights while attending Morocco orientation sessions at the Morocco Fulbright Commission office. Thought informative, this was incredibly exhausting for those of us who had only just arrive! Because it is Ramadan, or “Holy month”, both nights in Rabat we had huge Iftars or “breaking of the fast” meals just after sundown. This included lots of sweets, “harira” (traditional Ramadan soup), breads, pastries, dates, fruit, etc. At our first Iftar, they actually served brains and liver (I’m not sure from what animal). But this isn’t necessarily common and I can’t say I tried either. Sorry to disappoint! The second night after Iftar we were all invited to the apartment of some current (soon to finish) Fulbrighters. Their apartment is really nice and spacious with 2 balconies overlooking the bustling capitol city life.
Early Wednesday morning most of our group headed to Fez for either five weeks of culture/language training or 2-6 months of language training preceding the Fulbright grant. In my case, I have 5 weeks of culture and language training but then I am staying in Fez for my study and research.
This is not an official Department of State website. The views and information presented here are my own and do not represent the Fulbright Program or the Department of State.
Orion Has Landed
-
Creating new life can mean a close brush with death. Today all are healthy
again, and our baby boy is a joy.
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment