!الحمدلله! دابا عندي ورديناتر ديالي
l'Humdulillah! daba 3ndi ordinateur diyali!
PRAISE GOD! I HAVE MY COMPUTER NOW!
PRAISE GOD! I HAVE MY COMPUTER NOW!
So now there is (again) much to update on.
1. My friend, Souad, and her siblings tooke me along for an evening drive to Ifrane, the quaint, snowy, ski town about an hour and a half from Fez.
Me with Souad and her sisters. See? It can get COLD in Morocco!
Don't forget there is NO central heating.
2. "Aid al Adha", or "Aid al kebir" as it is called in Morocco, is one of Islam's most important holidays. Every family (provided they have the financial means) purchases a sheep, which they slaughter as a sacrifice to Allah, just as Abraham did. I spent this holiday with my host family and witnessed the rooftop sacrificings of three sheep (including those of two other neighboring families that preceeded that of my host family). The families then spend 3 days preparing and eating the various parts of the sheep and make use of every part of its body.
My host brothers and a neighbor boy tend the حاولي as it waits its turn.
3. Souad and I went to Casablanca where we stayed with her sister who lives there. We visited the beautiful Hassan II Mosque at sunset.

Look! French, English, and Arabic books all on the same shelf.
(This pretty much represents my Moroccan communication experience.)

Megarama Cinema, where we saw Number One, a Moroccan comedy that addresses gender roles and the new Family Code in Morocco.
Me and some fellow Women's & Gender Studes classmates.
The W&GS clan with the bride and groom.
Winter Update (Part 2): Excursions with Americans

Fez: Sam and I saying goodbye to the last of the '07-'08 Fulbrighters. We'll miss you Imelda and Nabil!

Everyone enjoys the Fessie Fruit Salad, but none moreso than Susannah. Yum!

Rabat: Ringing in 2009 with friends :-)

Casablanca: Rick's American Cafe - SO touristy but we had to go.

Play it, Sam.

Chefchaouen: Elena, Nicole, and I traveled to this beautiful blue & whitewashed town.

We were COLD!
Winter Update (Part 2): Excursions with Americans
Fez: Sam and I saying goodbye to the last of the '07-'08 Fulbrighters. We'll miss you Imelda and Nabil!

Everyone enjoys the Fessie Fruit Salad, but none moreso than Susannah. Yum!

Rabat: Ringing in 2009 with friends :-)
Casablanca: Rick's American Cafe - SO touristy but we had to go.

Play it, Sam.

Chefchaouen: Elena, Nicole, and I traveled to this beautiful blue & whitewashed town.

We were COLD!


No comments:
Post a Comment