It has been so long since I've updated and there is so much to share, but my computer is currently broken so it will be a slow process of trying to get all the info up here. I'm sorry!
Some things to update you on:
1) Halloween
We celebrated Halloween at "F Lounge" with others who know what this holiday is about. Katie is being "French" and Elena WAS a soccer player... OK, we didn't really go all-out with the costume thing. But we get enough attention just walking through the medina streets in our normal clothing...

This trip could EASILY be it's own long blog post. But, since I do not have the computer time to tell you this incredible story, you are welcome to read the play-by-play of events with corresponding photos via my friend Susannah's facebook album:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020648&id=4100201
This trip would not have happened -- nor would any part of it have been the same -- without Susannah! She's pretty amazing. Just ask the Saharawi student poets who sat behind us on the bus.
3) Rabat - "fine" dining, crepe making, ocean views, haircut!
4) Melilla - Spain within Africa?
So we crossed the border from Nador, Morocco to Melilla, Spain and on the other side of this 200 yard division was a whole other world within the "continent of Africa" and we found all sorts of things we do NOT have in Fes:
Shopping with high quality products, prix fixes, and EUROS (ouch!)

Acceptable consumption in public AND during daylight hours! The guys were pretty energetic about the accessibility to cervesas.
5) BirthdayAcceptable consumption in public AND during daylight hours! The guys were pretty energetic about the accessibility to cervesas.
6) Thanksgiving
An elegant Thanksgiving dinner, cooked by Sam, Andrew and Jaci! (I think Ryan helped, too)
The turkey that the boys bought live from Talaa Kbira, had slaughtered and prepared for dinner. I, of course, did not eat it but I was impressed by their efforts.
7) General Research/Studies update


No comments:
Post a Comment