Marhaba bikom!

Welcome to my blog! I'm spending 9 months (primarily in Fez) doing research, learning Moroccan Arabic, and discovering life in Morocco.

This is not an official Department of State website. The views and information presented here are my own and do not represent the Fulbright Program or the Department of State.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Biggest flood in 40 yrs... so there is no water.

The BIG news of the hour:

There has been the greatest rainfall in 40 years which has caused flooding and MUD covering the water filtering system. I initially heard that there were 2 DEAD COWS found in the water reservoir.

Either way, the entire medina qedima is being completely cut off from water for 3 days. YES, I SAID NO WATER FOR THREE DAYS. This means no showering, no flushing, no washing dishes or clothes, no drinking water, etc. We'll see how this goes...

So... I think I'm going to try and run home and wash my hair before the water's gone!
Bye!

No comments: